Work package 2: Global context for livestock
- Activity 2.1: Socio-geographic maps: The first step consists of gathering and analyzing available data on the changes of conditions in the studied zones by integrating:
- the changing landscape (land use/land cover, houses & settlement areas) and climate (temperature, water, soil, vegetation) (based on satellite data analysis; enhanced through participatory mapping);
- Evolution of population densities and production systems (PS);
- historical depth of the economic tissue (age of land use, infrastructure, market).
This activity will produce maps that will facilitate the identification of transect (2.3) and enhance/support analysis of collective vulnerability and resilience in WP4 and WP5.
- Activities 2.2: Demand, market and supply chain in livestock products: This activity will provide an overview of livestock markets and derived or underlying products such as feed and biomass markets in terms of present dynamics (supply/demand) and future (prospective analysis /potentialities) in the studied areas. This overview will be based on bibliography and interviews among the stakeholders along the chain. The main outputs will be the constitution of a national database on animal and derived products and estimate the potential risks of disrupting between supply and demand according to the basins of consumption (from local to national).
- Activity 2.3: Modeling of livestock context. This activity aims at approaching the time and spatial place and role of livestock in the regional context from the identification of a transect for studying Mediterranean livestock production system and history and the development of land use and resource maps. The transects chosen in the three countries will constitute the 3 research areas for the project.
WP2 - Thomas Louisanne - Synthèse Diag Agraire Garrigues - Sept 2014 (Fichier PDF, 3 Mo)
WP2 - Hosani and Boutonnet - Value chain Matrouh CIHEAM FAO - Seminar 2015 (Fichier PDF, 458 Ko)
WP2 - Taha Fattening Presentation EASG Sharms - 2015 (Fichier PDF, 1 Mo)
WP2 - Hosni Boutonnet - Fattenig SR NWCZ - Abstract Janv 2015 (Fichier PDF, 163 Ko)